Saturday, March 10, 2012

1000??? I'm STUNNED!

I'm sitting here at my computer in shock. I checked the stats on my blog and I hit ONE THOUSAND PAGE VIEWS about 15 minutes ago. (This doesn't count the 147 times I've looked at it either.)

My blog has been up for 5 days.  What can I say?  You people bring me to tears.  Your words of encouragement on my blog, on Facebook, through my email, and in person have absolutely humbled me.  And that you have looked at pages on my blog over 1,000 times?  I have no words. 

You like it!

You like what I'm doing and what I'm writing. Some of you have been doing things too.  It's incredible and amazing.  THE BEST birthday present I could ever have.  This whole thing started because I was feeling low - hitting my 46th birthday on March 17, which means I'm closer to 50 than 40.  But worse, having a diagnosis 2 weeks ago that my knee pain cannot be permanently fixed by anything but a total knee replacement... someday down the road . . . and that I can just "manage" my pain and swelling until then 10-15 years from now.

I wallowed in self pity (in a dark bedroom . . . with chocolate) for a couple of days and then I decided I needed to snap out of it.  I decided I needed to stop focusing on myself and do something for other people which is why my RAOK mission was born.

(from Mary Engelbreit)
Thank you thank you thank you for all your love and support.  You'll never know how much it means to me!!   If you are enjoying this blog, share it with others.  There's a FB share button at the bottom of this post. 

Let's all go change the world together, one Random Act of Kindness at a time!

2 comments:

  1. It's just like you to turn a bad situation into a powerful & purposeful one! God is working on you and in you. Love it...need a bit of it in my life, too. Thank you for saying YES to Him! See you soon, I hope....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, it really means a lot!! Hope to see you too, email me when you're free in the next few weeks and let's get together.

      Delete