Sunday, March 11, 2012

RAOK #14 - The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!

Ok.  The roof is not on fire.  But for the amount of money we are burning putting a brand new roof on our house, I thought this post title was appropriate!

Cheers to my roofer guys, because you'd have to pay me a lot of money plus drag me up there daily with my hands over my eyes to do this:


Dude was walking on our 2nd story roof just like it was a sidewalk. Very impressive!!
Or this:


I've had more than my fair share of construction horror stories, but these roofers came with a good reputation.  They lived up to it too.   Professional, courteous, on time, all the things you want with your contractor.

They deserved to know how much they were appreciated, so I designed a little sign, printed it out and taped it on top of a box of cookies for a treat.  They all enjoyed grabbing a little dessert in the afternoon (although they were such hard workers that they didn't even stand around to eat it.  They were carrying them up and eating while they were working.  Outstanding work ethic!!)  Each one of them individually came up to me on my various trips in and out of the house that day to thank me.  Great guys!  If you are local and looking for a great roofer, send me a message and I'll gladly give you a referral!  Here's the printable if you want to do a RAOK for a contractor in your life:





3 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm going to give this to my husband. We're doing a pretty big house remodel project and he is doing it mostly by himself. Such wonderful work ethic and he does such a nice job. I've been trying to think of a ROAK I could do for him and I think this really fits! Thanks Justina. You are the dearest person in the world. I'm so blessed by your friendship and by your blog.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it, I'm sure he will appreciate your thumbs-up for all the hard work he does! Blessed by your friendship too and hope we get to see you soon!!

      Delete
  2. I’m sure your roofers will appreciate your sweet gesture, and they will be very happy to know that you trust their work to make your roof sturdy and beautiful! Well, roof repair and replacement can be costly at times. But these are worthy investments, as these will help prevent any structural issues brought by roof leaks and water damage. Plus, such improvements will increase the value of your house in the market.

    ReplyDelete